December 8, 2010

Peace on Earth

During this busy holiday season we always talk about Peace. But more often then not my home and heart are not at peace.

But this morning as I sat down to check my e-mail I found a letter from one of my uncles in my inbox. It was his Christmas letter; it had a part of a verse in it that brought peace to my heart. You see, we had a very busy night last night. Our kids had their school Christmas program and with the distance of the school from home and the timing of it all we were gone from 3:30 pm to 9:00 pm. The program was good, my boys did very well (forgot the camera at home so I have no pictures for you); but, K-5th grade programs are not known for their calm restfulness. :) So after helping with the clean up, getting home and not sleeping so well I am definitely in the need for some peace. And that peace wasn't in my heart...

Here is the verse:
Ephesians 2:14
For He Himself is our peace.
There's the light I needed. Jesus Christ, the child who was born at Christmas, is the one who not only brings peace, he is my peace. That is the point of today. If I need peace in my heart and can't find any of it in my home I must go to the one who is Himself peace.

Thank you Lord for being peace. There are many places and ways that I look for - and sometimes find - peace. But you are peace. So help me look to you when all is crumbling under and around me today.  Help me remember the reason you came to die for me. Help me see that my sins (they are the cause of my lack of peace, aren't they?) are washed away in your blood. And that I don't have to fear the ciaos around me because you are with me. Thank you for coming and being born to Mary and living that sinless life and suffering and dying. You are definitely the reason we celebrate Christmas. Help me to remember that today!
In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment