May 17, 2010

Sweetness...

Sweetness with the Lord is something I strive to find in my devotions. However, this morning I wasn't finding much. I am exhausted from a very crazy last week. So I was sitting up straight and tall, drinking black coffee and still fighting falling back asleep.

I am currently reading through Believing God by R.C. Sproul Jr. in the mornings and it wasn't sinking in. My short passage of Bible reading wasn't staying either - all I remember is words on the page mixed with my eyes opening and closing. :)

I am writing all of this to give you a context for what came next. I half-prayed, half-dreamed "Why can't I wake up and experience some sweetness?". Then the Spirit (who else could it be?) seemed to wake me with a beam of sunlight that shone on my face. And the thought "I am still here Gwyn. Even if you can't taste me." ran through my mind.

That's right, God was keeping his promise to never leave me or forsake me even when I had so little faith in him.

May you be reminded today that God is still with you and you don't have to do anything to keep him there.
Heavenly Father, thank you for this wonderful reminder. Help me not to forget it when the day and my kids coming rushing in. Thank you that you will still be there even if I do forget. Please draw me back to yourself and the knowledge that you are with me. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment