August 5, 2009

Romans 8:28...

"We know that all things work together for good to them that love God..."

This is what ended the day yesterday. Every plan got changed, every job was hindered, everything we tried failed. And as we started to get the kids ready for bed my oldest angrily asked, "Whose fault is this?"

By God's great grace I was able to answer, "No one's. This is part of God's plan for us. We need to be content and trust that this is good." That was able to be said with a peace-filled heart.

I woke up this morning still feeling the weights from yesterday. Then God reminded me - through Spurgeon - that this was for our good. I think the poem at the end of the morning devotion sums it up:

Say not to my soul, ' From whence can God relieve my care?'
Remember that Omnipotence has servants everywhere.
His method is divine, His heart profoundly kind,
God never is before His time, and never is behind.

So whatever today may hold I know God is steering my boat and it will be what's best. May you sense and know that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment