May 12, 2009

Forgiveness...

I am reading through This Great Salvation by C.J. Mahaney and Robin Boisvert. The chapter this morning was on the fruits of justification. I was profoundly moved by the story of a lady's breakthrough regarding guilt over an abortion.

The point wasn't whether or not to have an abortion, but it was the realization that she was forgiven - completely - from all her sin. There was nothing that she could do that God wouldn't forgive. That was possible because he forgave her nailing Christ to the cross.

It was so liberating (again) to be reminded that God's forgiveness of my sin is complete and whole. Nothing can make him not forgive my sins. I can't commit "the unpardonable sin", because Christ is in me. I am free to experience his grace and continue to grow in that grace and knowledge of Christ. I truly look forward to seeing what I will look like when God has completed his work that he started in me. I also look forward to the journey to that end - there is realness and joy and peace there! Why is that? Christ is there...

No comments:

Post a Comment