September 18, 2008

Contemplation...

I have been mulling over the thought of abiding in Christ this week and feel rather overwhelmed by the whole thing. It seems that the more I desire to see and know and taste Christ's light the more cloudy it becomes.

But this morning I read a newsletter from Sam Storms at Enjoying God ministries that encouraged me. He was talking thro' 2 Cor. 13:5-10 about testing yourself to see if you are in "the faith". I realized that I have been looking for light and trying to do what is right and I forgot grace.

I forgot that Christ's light is always with me. He's the one that brings the clouds or takes them away. He's the one who sustains me and helps me thro' my day and my sins. He's the one I need to look to and when I can't look because of my sin, he's the one who opens my eyes and cleans them. That is the grace I need to pray for and depend on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment