May 24, 2011

Millions of things...

That is what God is working on right now.

I was reminded of that this morning while talking with Jared. We talked about the tornado that hit some of his friends' houses on Sunday. We talked about where it hit in his cousins' neighborhood.  We talked about how they were coping with it. We talked about how God planned for all this and it is still good. We talked about how one of his friend's was having spinal surgery this week. We talked about praying for him and the tornado effected area in Minneapolis. We talked about how God makes everyone (including disabled people) perfect. We talked about a video I had watched last night about a young man that God made - perfect - without arms and legs and how he is trusting and praising God now.

All this, and more filled our conversation this morning.

God is working right now. He is working on a million things that have no impact on me personally. But he is also working on a million things in me.

I needed that reminder this morning. I needed (and will keep needing it) to see that God is in control of everything. He is with me today and he will make all things work together for good.

Lord, please take my heart this morning and help me remember throughout today that you are in control and your plan is best for me. Help me remember that no matter the circumstances (because I always let them affect me) you are working them out for your good. Help me to be like it says in James to "count it all joy when I fall into various trials". I know that will not be my natural response, but I also know that your power is awailable to me and by grace that response is possible. Do your good pleasure in me today. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment