June 1, 2010

Answered Prayer...

God works in mysterious ways, does he not?

I was reminded this afternoon of a story a dear friend who was looking for some curtains for her home. She only had a certain amount of money to spend and desired a certain color for her home. So she prayed about it. Then a few days later she saw an add in the paper for curtains the exact color, size and price she needed. She was able to buy them and make her home beautiful, and she was encouraged to see that God cared how she decorated her home.

The reason her story came to mind, was that something similar happened to me this past week.

I was finding myself reassessing my living room furniture and praying about how to fix it for the summer. My 2 chairs we falling apart and the covers on everything needed repair. My sewing machine is broken and I was learning to be content with what God had given us while exercising creative juices for how to cover couches nicely and cheaply. :) But the need to do something was weighing heavy on my mind.

Then last week a dear friend in small group sent out an e-mail to tell everyone her sister was getting rid of 2 loveseats. I was interested, but had no idea how we would get somethings that big home or if they would fit in my tiny living room. Then I received another e-mail from a friend who heard about the couches. She offered her big van to be used to pick up the couches for me if I was interested in them. So on Sunday, our friend and my hubby were able to pick up both couches and deliver them.

I now have a full living room and 2 wonderfully comfortable loveseats that are such a blessing to me. They are a reminder of how good God was to answer a prayer in an unlikely way and of how kind and good my dear friends in small group are. We are truly blessed! {I don't have a picture to show you, as my camera has mysteriously dissappeared. I will add a pic when I can}

Lord, thank you for your goodness and kindness to me. Thank you for letting my friends be the means you used to bless my family this week.  And thank you for caring about my desire to make my home reflect you more by letting it become more comfortable for my family and anyone who may visit us. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment