March 5, 2010

Simple Faith...

Simply trusting every day, trusting thru' the stormy way; even when my faith is small, trusting Jesus - that is all. Trusting as the moments fly, trusting as the days go by; trusting him whate'er befall; trusting Jesus - that is all.

These words Edgar Page Stites wrote for the hymn Trusting Jesus have been going thru' my mind since last night.

I think that the busyness that life has right now is driving me to this (of course that is the Holy Spirit's doing, not mine) idea of simple faith. I am reading thru' a new book by John Piper on the life of Ruth and thinking about the movie Faith Like Potatoes that we watched the other night and God has used these to be a help and rest to my soul as I fly thru' my days. As I find the time, I will expound on this. Sorry that I need to cut this short. :)

So as I fly away to start this day...
Lord, please help me to have this simple faith in you today. No matter the ease or fight I face, whether I see your light or darkness, help me to trust you. For you are worthy of that and more. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment