February 27, 2010

Somber thoughts...

As I write this there are many things on my mind concerning our world...

A huge earthquake in Chili which has caused a tsunami and everyone on the Pacific coast is bracing for it. We have a dear friend whose father has had major rollercoaster battles with his health (one day doing very well, the next in the ER or ICU). War news and sorrows. Confusion and trouble friends are struggling and working through. The list could go on and on.

But God is giving my mind a wonderful peace right now. He has me thinking on Psalm 139, "You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you know my thoughts from afar. You are aquainted with all my ways. How precious are your thoughts toward me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

Lord, please care for the people near and far from me who are suffering and fearful. May they know your peace and that you are thinking on them too. Protect them and save them as your will is done. Help us to trust your plan in all things. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment