August 17, 2009

Mercy, think about it...

After reading Spurgeon this morning the thought of mercy is on my mind. There are two things about mercy that I desire to remember and meditate on today and I thought I would share them with you.

1) A quote from John Bunyan concerning God's mercy: "All the flowers in God's garden are double".
Never does God send one mercy, he always sends more than one. (Look back at your life, or even yesterday, and try and prove me wrong - it won't happen because God is too good to us!)

2) The hymn The Mercies of God by Thomas O. Chisholm.

The mercies of God! What a theme for my song,
O! I never could number them o'er;
They're more then the stars in the heavenly dome,
Or the sands of the wave-beaten shore.

For mercies so great, what return can I make?
For mercies so constant and sure?
I'll love Him, I'll serve Him with all that I have
As long as my life shall endure.

They greet me at morn when I waken from sleep,
And they gladden my heart at the noon;
They follow me on into shades of the night,
When the day with its labor is done.

His goodness and mercy will follow me still,
Even on to the end of the way;
I have His sure promise and that cannot fail,
That His mercy is mine ev'ry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment