July 14, 2009

Patience...

Patience is something I need more of.

After reading Romans 5:3-5 (we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.) The word endurance is a synonym of patience.

I have always known this verse and the process it takes, but it hit home this morning when I read it in conjunction with a quote by Edith Schaeffer; "Patience cannot be shown unless there is a circumstance which would make us impatient.".

As a mom, (and according to this verse) I can't know patience until I have experienced suffering. So the day-to-day struggle of being a mom, a wife and God's child will work that patience in me. These roles are ample ground to learn patience on. I am full of sin and will meet with many, many instances of impatience. I pray that God's Spirit will bring out the joy that this process promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment