May 30, 2009

What am I reading now?

My dear husband knows me very well. He picked me up a new book on Sunday and I haven't been able to put it down. The Affections of the Heart in Art: A wrestling for the full pleasures in art by Jason Harms.

I am reading each chapter slowly. I want to understand this and see how to apply these principles in all areas of my life - since I love turning everything I touch into a creative outlet.

Here is a quote from the inside cover:
"Are our pleasures in art out pleasure in God?
Where they are not, I believe we forfeit the full pleasures
that God ordains for out enjoyment in art,
namely, our enjoyment of God himself.
This is a wrestling to pursue and enjoy
the fullest pleasures in artistic expression."
Here is a link for more on this wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment