July 30, 2008

Out of the mouths of babies...

My children showed me yesterday how great God is, especially in the midst of clouds.

We had a chance yesterday to encourage a friend who is struggling with her job. When Jared found out she would be coming over and would be sad, his first response was to bring her one of his stuffed cats to cuddle. This was his way of cheering her up - he knew she loved cats.

Peter was playing outside during this time and climbed up our gas meter (he wasn't supposed to) and got too scared to climb down. I told him that if he could climb up then he could climb down - very loving mommy words, eh. He then responded with an, "Oh, I know. What time I am afraid I will trust in you, God." Then he jumped off and ran away happy as ever.

Oh, that my thoughts would so easily race to verses I have memorized to encourage myself. And that I would be ready to share my own joy with others in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment