June 5, 2008

Promises...

My hubby has been working through for himself and encouraging me lately to find God's promises and laying hold of them to be fulfilled. In keeping with His promise to complete his good work in me, God is going in the process of carrying this out in me.

I read Psalm 119:50, "This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.". Thus I receive affliction so that I will lay hold of God and his promises and gain life.

Then I read 1 Peter 1:8-9 "Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith and the salvation of your souls." My prayer is that God may increase and prove my faith with this promise that even in affliction (not seeing God now) I can still trust him and rejoice in him.

I guess a practical way to do all of this is to trust God being all I need when my kids break precious, sentimental items 2 days in a row or to rest in His strength to be joyful and not sinfully angry when my daughter pours grape juice concentrate on my dirty, yet white, laundry pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment