September 3, 2010

Heading west...

...just like a pioneer. That is how I feel this week.

My boys started at private school this week and we are all breaking new ground - again. We broke new ground last year with in-depth homeschooling. So I feel a lot like Little House on the Prairie - we just get the ground plowed and sown and used to our home and now it is time to move on.

I am so thankful for all God's work and grace during this transition. He has provided for us in ways we thought were impossible. But he keeps providing...and growing...and testing...and building my faith.

I read James 1 yesterday morning and verse 4 really hit home. Here are the 2 verses prior to it so you can have a little context:
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trails of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
Then verse 4 said, "And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." I realize that often I do not see my faith through to its completion. I don't usually wait around for the fruit to grow; I just plant the seed and watch the seedling grow and move on.

God brought home that these testings and hardships are just his way of growing my faith. And I need to wait until he is finished that work in me - until I see the fruit. So this week (and the next...) I pray that God will help me to wait until he has worked in me that particular thing in my heart and soul and life and see what the fruit looks like. Then move on to the next test.

No comments:

Post a Comment