August 5, 2010

Insight and wisdom...

Proverbs 2:1-5 as it hit me this morning...

My dear daughter Gwyn, if you hear and receive my words and treasure my commandments I have given to you, by making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out to me for insight and raise your voice in prayer for understanding, if you seek it like a certain knitting pattern and search for it as for that specific color scheme you want in this room, then, my dear daughter, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God (me, your father). 
I realized that too often I seek for my help and wisdom from other sources. I look to the web for inspiration on my next project, I look to books and magazines for how to decorate or organize my home and kids, and I look to people to help me solve my problems. But I should be looking to God - my father - first. He may use the web, books, magazines and people as tools to help me, but it is the Spirit that teaches me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment