August 21, 2010

Getting ready for school...

I have found that these past few weeks my mind is so full of school prep that I can't think on much else. But God is still good and brings me light in simple ways. So I thought I would share one of those with you...

My boys can't wait for the How To Train Your Dragon DVD release in October. They love anything dragon or viking right now. And one day Jared found out our last name - Qualley - was Norwegian. He was so excited; because, if something is Norwegian then it is Viking.

So Jared now walks around wearing a pair of shorts (no shirt), a belt with sword and scabbard and a cape. He even paces back and forth in our front yard protecting our home. He is the resident viking warrior when daddy isn't home. However, he is quite sure he doesn't want the long, braided hair and beard. Peter, on the other hand, is undecided. Peter thinks it is so cool he is an official viking that he is telling all the neighbors about it.

I am so thankful to God that he has given my boys an imagination and joy in how he made them. They don't have to pretend to be something else. My prayer is that this little fact will come to mind as they learn contentment in who they are in Christ.

And maybe, their mom can learn the same thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment