November 5, 2008

This is the day...

...the Lord has made. I must rejoice and be glad in it.

Those are the words I heard this morning and they hit me like a ton of bricks.

The reason for this is that I have found myself complaining about a great many things over the last couple weeks.

I have not lived my days in the thought that God made today. I have not thought that today's trouble is sufficient for today. I have not rejoiced in trouble because God made and planned it for me for that day. I have not trusted that God is good and works all things out for good. I have not loved and cared for those around me because I have been looking to myself and not to my Heavenly Father.

Here is my prayer this morning:

This is the day the Lord has made
and the trouble that may be.
But God is good and in control
so rejoice in what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment