June 18, 2008

Warm summer sun...

Sometimes God brings light into my life in small cracks through the darkness. Sometimes it is by blinding cracks of lighting. Sometimes it is a warm summer sun with a light, cool breeze blowing.

This week would be the later (with a few dark clouds here and there). The crowning glimpse has come in the form of laughter.

At 9:30 pm Tuesday night I went upstairs to check my daughter as she was still awake and talking to herself.

When I walked in the room she was lying on her bed wearing a long-sleeved pajama shirt with a knitted sweater over top. She was completely naked from the waist down. (The Museum episode wasn't the first stripping fiasco) The cutest thing was that she was reading a large book in the dark.

She looked up at me and said, "Oh, hi Mumby." I told her she needed a diaper on.
"Yes, I need a diapey." After donning the diaper I tucked her in and told her it was time for bed, gave her a kiss and picked up the old diaper she had on earlier. She then said, "I tink is time to go sleepy." And blew me a kiss.

I feel so blessed and warmed by the joy God gives me through my kids. Nienna's personality is so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment